Square Enix has released the “New Features” trailer for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition, which reveals a free-to-play “Lite” version of the game due out day and date with the full release.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Lite will allow players to enjoy the first three dungeons of the game, take part in online cross-play in those dungeons, or join in with a player who has purchased the full game to play together in up to 13 dungeons.
Here are the latest details, via Square Enix:
With Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Lite, adventurers can play through the first three dungeons in both single player and online multiplayer with cross-play functionality. Additionally, players who purchase the full game will be able to host multiplayer sessions with players using Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Lite, so a full party of up to four caravanners can play through up to 13 dungeons in the fantasy adventure together with one copy of the full game. Save data can be carried over from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Lite to the full game, ensuring players can seamlessly continue their progress in the magical fantasy adventure.
In addition to a ‘Mimic’ feature which allows players to take the form of various characters they meet on their journey, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition also adds a number of new gameplay enhancements to make the adventure more memorable than ever, such as:
- Quick Chat – New tactical commands to give easy text-based instructions to teammates during online multiplayer play.
- Magic Timer – A new Timer mechanic, helping players to synchronize and combine their magical attacks to unleash more powerful abilities.
- UI Improvements – Increases to material capacity limits allow for more trouble-free adventures and a mini-map has been added to the game’s UI ensuring players always have a tactical understanding of their environments.
- Additional Difficulty Modes – After finishing the main scenario, high difficulty dungeons will be available for daring adventurers to explore, including the Mine of Cathuriges which will include powerful enemies and new challenges alike. These challenging post-game dungeons are exclusive to the full release of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition.
- Updated Soundtrack – Over 50 musical tracks have been newly-composed especially for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition by the original game’s composer, Kumi Tanioka, including newly-recorded versions of the beloved theme songs Sound of the Wind and Starry Moonlit Night.
Additionally, the company will premiere a pre-recorded “Preparation & Review Special” video on June 27 at 12:00 JST, which will feature game director Ryouma Araki and MC Susumu Imadachi of Eleki Comic, who will introduce the game and further explain the “Lite” version.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition is due out digitally for PlayStation 4, Switch, iOS, and Android on August 27 worldwide. In Japan, the PlayStation 4 and Switch versions will be available both physically and digitally.
Watch the trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.