Natsume will publish Legends of Ethernal, a 2D single-player action adventure game developed by Lucid Dreams Studio, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam this fall, the company announced. A PC demo is available now via Steam.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Welcome to the World of Arkanys.
On a day like any other, a young boy returns home to find it in ruins and his parents, gone. Armed with courage and driven by the pain of his loss, he sets out on a journey to uncover the truth behind his family’s disappearance… But what he discovers will forever change the World of Arkanys…
Legends of Ethernal is a 2D single-player action adventure game where you need to explore beautiful hand-crafted environments, solve clever puzzles and battle challenging creatures to uncover the truth about your parents’ disappearance.
- Evolving Gameplay – Enjoy mechanics that are unlocking with weapons and items that you find.
- Challenging Dungeons – Solve puzzles and unleash your strategies against boss battles in multiple dungeons.
- Crafting System – Gather ethers and craft items during the course of your journey to help you progress through the game.
- Unique and Gorgeous Art – Admire beautiful 2D hand-drawn art covering multiple environments, scaling up to a resolution of 4K on supported platforms.
- Enigmatic Events – Experience a compelling and linear storyline with great characters.
- Melodic Musical Score – Listen to the wonderfully crafted score, produced and recorded by veteran musician William Gough.
- Multiple Difficulty Levels – Try the hardcore mode for an intense experience or enable the Child Mode to help you complete the game.
Watch a trailer below.