Microsoft has outlined its plans to announce information on Xbox Series X in 2020, which includes its “Xbox 20/20″ initiative to deliver updates on the world of Xbox every month in 2020, starting with the recently announced Inside Xbox special on May 7, which will showcase “a first look at next-gen gameplay, trailers, and sneak peeks from a wide variety of publishing partners and independent developers across the globe and industry.”
In July, a number of Xbox Games Studios developers will share a first look at new gameplay, insights from development teams, and new game announcements.
Get the full outline below.
So, what is in store for 2020?
This is a momentous year for Xbox, with our next-gen console paving the way for all our games and services to come together in even better ways. Here’s what 2020 looks like, just to start:
- Our goal remains to launch Xbox Series X and Halo Infinite this holiday.
- All 15 Xbox Game Studios teams are hard at work on next-generation games for Xbox Series X and Xbox Game Pass.
- The best development teams around the world are working hard to have their games ready to play on Xbox Series X this holiday.
- For PC players, we plan to support the community by making all our major releases at launch available with Xbox Game Pass for PC, including Halo Infinite, Wasteland 3, Minecraft Dungeons, and of course, Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- We have new updates and titles lined up for Xbox Game Pass for console and PC.
- We’re expanding Project xCloud into new countries and on new devices—and later this year Project xCloud and Xbox Game Pass will come together, enabling you and your friends to play together in more ways.
- It’s a lot—and that’s saying something in 2020, a year which could be summed up as “a lot.” With all this in mind, we set out to create new touchpoints to celebrate gaming and share what’s next with our global community.
Starting with the May 7 episode of Inside Xbox, we will be showcasing what happens next in the world of Xbox, every month, which is why we’re calling it “Xbox 20/20.” These monthly moments will take place throughout the rest of the year and will be a way for us to engage, connect, and celebrate with you about what’s in store for the next generation of gaming, including what’s next for Xbox Series X, Xbox Game Studios, Xbox Game Pass, and Project xCloud. Every month will bring something different. Stay tuned to Xbox Wire for more details.
For the Xbox 20/20 May update, we will focus on giving you a first look at next-gen gameplay, trailers, and sneak peeks from a wide variety of publishing partners and independent developers across the globe and industry, including Ubisoft’s recently announced Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, and hear from game creators about what they’re doing with their games on Xbox Series X.
We’ll be confirming games that utilize our new Smart Delivery feature, which ensures that you always play the best version of the games you own for your console, across generations. And all the games you’ll see will be Xbox Series X Optimized, meaning they are built to take advantage of the powerful Xbox Series X features that make games look and feel incredible, including 4K resolution at up to 120 frames per second, DirectStorage, hardware-accelerated DirectX raytracing, super-fast load times, and much more.
In July, we will dedicate time to focus on the incredible games coming from Xbox Game Studios. A number of our studio teams are looking forward to sharing first looks at new gameplay, insights from development teams being optimized for Xbox Series X, and brand-new game announcements. We cannot wait to share this initial look at what some of those teams are working on.
How to join Xbox 20/20 on May 7
I hope you’ll join me at 8:00 a.m. PT / 11:00 a.m. ET on May 7 for the next episode of Inside Xbox and the first moment of Xbox 20/20. You can tune-in on:
Live language support for the episode will be in English, LATAM Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, and Italian, and the episode will include live audio descriptions at Mixer.
Watch a teaser trailer for the Inside Xbox special below.