Publisher PQube and developer Stone Lantern Games will release 2D puzzle platformer Evergate for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam in 2020, the companies announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via Stone Lantern Games:
Players guide a child-like soul named Ki on her journey through the Afterlife. Discover her past across lifetimes and her connection with her Kindred Spirit. Help save the Afterlife by channeling her power into her Soulflame.
Evergate is a 2D puzzle-platformer featuring a unique align-to-shoot mechanic. Unleash your Soulflame and harness energy trapped within crystals to solve puzzles, find lost memories, and save your kindred spirit.
Evergate blends cerebral puzzles with skill-based execution. The goal of each puzzle is to reach the gate at the end however you can. Some players may opt for a straightforward route while others will strive for the more difficult, complete solution to unlock power-ups. This offers challenges for casual and hardcore gamers alike.
- The Soulflame. Unique align-TO-shoot mechanic that only energizes your aim when it connects with an afterlife target. This small twist on the classic aim-and-shoot mechanic opens up brand new challenges.
- World filled with crystal powers. New powers keep the simple premise fresh while adding nuance and depth.
- Over 80 challenging puzzles. Perfect for quick, casual play or competitive speed-running.
- One puzzle, many solutions. Explore a creative space full of possibilities. Find solutions we didn’t intend!
- Storytelling with style. Emotional and gripping narrative told through hand-crafted art and music.
Watch the announcement trailer below.