The latest issue of V-Jump has a few comments from Dragon Quest Monsters series producer Taichi Inuzuka regarding the latest entry in the series.
Here are Inuzuka’s comments:
- “The new Dragon Quest Monsters… I want to say something high-spirited, but at the moment I really can’t.”
- “I want to do something about it, but it feels like the more I work on it, the more those efforts end in vain…?”
- “Its like taking three steps forward and two steps back.”
- “This year is packed with good games, so please play them at your leisure while being patient with this one.”
Square Enix announced the development of a new Dragon Quest Monsters game for console in November 2018. Artwork of the protagonists appeared to show younger versions of Erik and Mia Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age.
The magazine also has a couple of comments from Dragon Quest Builders 2 producer Takuma Shiraishi:
- “We will hold [Dragon Quest Builders 2] photography contests in 2020 as well.”
- “We’re working on a game different from Dragon Quest Builders. Please wait a bit longer, or rather, just a little while longer until the announcement.”