Publisher Spike Chunsoft has released Steins;Gate 0 for Switch via the Nintendo eShop in the west with a launch discount price of $26.99 / £24.29 / €26.99 (regular price $29.99 / £26.99 / €29.99).
Steins;Gate 0 first launched for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita in December 2015 in Japan, and for PC in August 2016. English-localized versions were released for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in November 2016 in the west, and for PC via Steam in May 2018. An Xbox One version was released in February 2017 in Japan, and a Switch version in March 2019 as part of the Steins;Gate: Divergencies Assort collection.
Here is an overview of the game, via Spike Chunsoft:
A new story in the critically-acclaimed Steins;Gate series. From the depths of despair–explore a whole new world line. Your favorite characters return alongside a brand new cast!
- Steins;Gate continues the time travelling theme—but adds artificial intelligence as its central hook.
- Help a group of young students bend time to their will and prevent the onset of World War 3.
- Beautiful artwork and engaging story for an unforgettable experience.
- Tells the story of an “Alternate Worldline”—what happens if players failed the original story.
- Interact with the story using your smart phone – answering (or not!) your phone, and your responses, will determine the outcome to the story.
Watch a trailer below. Visit the official website here.