Grasshopper Manufacture CEO and No More Heroes III director Goichi Suda shared new details on the upcoming sequel during a recent interview with Wccftech, including the game’s progress, details on its open world, and more.
Get the tidbits below.
- Development is about 35 to 40 percent complete.
- The budget for No More Heroes III is not Grasshopper Manufacture’s biggest.
- The open world will be bigger than the original No More Heroes‘, but not as big as something you would see in a Ubisoft or Rockstar Game. There will be “about the amount of side missions you’d expect from a No More Heroes game, along with some other extras”—“something different than your standard mini-game.”
- They suit Travis wears in the announcement trailer will be playable in the final game, but only in “certain special circumstances.”
- The Beam Katana charge motion control will reappear, but “the real challenge was figuring out how to best use the Switch hardware.”
- A new trailer will be released “this year or early next year.”
No More Heroes III is due out for Switch in 2020.