A total of 4.8 million Switch hardware and 35.88 million software were sold during the three months ended September 30. The September 20-released Switch Lite accounts for 1.95 million hardware unit sales.
Nintendo did not make any revisions to its previously announced forecast that it will sell 18 million Switch units between April 2019 and March 2020.
Nintendo also shared updated sales numbers for its first-party Switch titles, revealing the first official numbers for The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening. The 10 best-selling first-party Switch titles are:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 19.01 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 15.71 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 15.38 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 14.54 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 11.28 million
- Splatoon 2 – 9.28 million
- Super Mario Party – 7.59 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 4.59 million
- Super Mario Maker 2 – 3.93 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening – 3.13 million (released September 20)
Nintendo also announced that the July 26-released Fire Emblem: Three Houses has sold 2.29 million units.
More than 246.01 million Switch games have been sold worldwide.