Valfaris will launch for Switch and PC via Steam, GOG, and the Humble Store on October 10, PlayStation 4 in North America on November 5 and Europe on November 6, and Xbox One on November 8, publisher Big Sugar and developer Steel Mantis announced.
In addition to the standard edition, a Valfari Digital Deluxe Edition will also be available at launch for PlayStation 4 and PC that includes the game, original soundtrack composed and recorded by former Celtic Frost guitarist Curt Victor Bryant, and a digital art book.
Here is an overview of the game, via Big Sugar:
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness. Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
Brutal combat. Deadly enemies. Stunning pixel art. Savage soundtrack.
Get ready to rip the galaxy a new wormhole.
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry.
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris.
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird).
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour.
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant.
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell.
Watch a new trailer below.