Developer Grimorio of Games has announced roguelite dungeon crawler Sword of the Necromancer for Switch and PC. It will support English, Spanish, and Catalan language options. A release date was not announced.
The Switch version of the game include a “Code Scanner” feature that utilizes the Joy-Con’s IR camera to scan codes distributed physically and digitally to let players obtain items and monsters with “unusual attributes.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Grimorio of Games:
What would you do to bring back someone you love?
Help Tama to save Koko using the powers of the forbidden Sword of the Necromancer. Reach the depths of the dungeon, defeat the 5 guardians and the Necromancer itself to gain enough soul power to bring Koko back from the dead, no matter the cost.
- Turn your foes into allies: use the Sword of the Necromancer to revive defeated monsters and make them fight alongside you.
- Gather weapons and relics: each weapon is different from the others thanks to the procedural weapon generation system, which gives it different effects and attributes.
- Fight with all your might: defeat your enemies using a variety of weapons and objects and dominating the agile head-to-head battle system.
- Level up: enhance your character by fighting enemies and upgrade your stats.
- Each try gets you closer to the Necromancer. Death is not the end: you will lose all your equipped weapons and monsters, but you will retain half the level you achieved in your run. Also, you can choose to exit the dungeon at some moments, losing all your level progress but maintaining all your equipment.
Watch a set of gameplay videos below.