The PC version of Grandia HD Remaster will launch in September, according to its newly launched Steam page.
The remastered version of sequel Grandia II has been available for PC via Steam as Grandia II Anniversary Edition since August 2015. On August 16, its name will officially change to Grandia II HD Remaster.
Also on August 16, Grandia HD Collection—which includes both Grandia HD Remaster and Grandia II HD Remaster—will launch for Switch via the Nintendo eShop. Read more about the collection here.
Here is an overview of Grandia HD Remaster, via its Steam page:
Grandia HD Remaster is now available! Celebrate its exciting adventures once again!
Grandia tells the story of Justin, the protagonist, and his companions in a race against the evil Garlyle Forces to uncover the long-lost secrets of an ancient civilization. Experience the game that became an instant classic and is considered to be one of the most influential RPGs of all time.
Originally created by Game Arts, developers of such classics as the Lunar series, Grandia was met with wide critical acclaim when released for the Sega Saturn in 1997 and PlayStation in 1999. Grandia received numerous awards including GameSpot Editor’s Choice, IGN Editor’s Choice Award, and an Award for Excellence from the CESA Awards ’97, currently known as “Japan Game Awards.”
- Enhanced UI, sprites, and texture art details.
- Original cinematic videos that have been visually enhanced.
- Widescreen support and customizable resolutions (PC only).
- Steam cards and Achievements (PC only).
- Audio: Japanese and English.
- Language Support: Original English and Japanese PLUS French and German translations.
- Gamepad and keyboard support with remappable controls (PC only).
Watch a trailer for the PC version below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.