EarthNight, a hand-painted platformer about surviving the dragon apocalypse, will launch for Switch in addition to its previously announced PlayStation 4, PC, and Mac versions in 2019, developer Cleaversoft announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
With no government or military left to speak of, it’s up to Sydney and Stanley to skydive back to Earth and set things right.
Each run begins in space. You must traverse five layers of the atmosphere on the perilous journey down to Earth alternating between skydiving and running on the backs of dragons. Your path to EarthNight will always be different and riddled with danger.
- Jump and dash your way across the backs of dragons on your way down to Earth in classic 2D side-scrolling action.
- Unlock more than 35 gameplay-altering powerups that will aid you on your journey as you slay dragons and discover secrets.
- Experience a unique run no matter how many times you play thanks to near-infinite variations of hand designed, procedurally generated levels.
- Explore five layers of the atmosphere all brought to life by artist Mattahan, who meticulously painted each of EarthNight’s 10,000+ frames of art and animation.
- Enjoy an original, exciting soundtrack intertwined into gameplay, including more than 20 songs written and performed by chiptune musician Chipocrite.
Watch a new trailer below.