Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition is coming to Switch on September 26, publisher THQ Nordic and developer Gunfire Games announced. It will be available both physically and digitally for $29.99 / £26.99 / €29.99.
The Deathinitive Edition first launched for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in October 2015, followed by PC in November 2015. The original game launched for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC in August 2012, followed by Wii U in November 2012.
Here is an overview of the game, via THQ Nordic:
The war between Heaven and Hell is already menacing Earth. Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the second Horseman of the Apocalypse, is embarking on a quest to save the Earth and to redeem his brother’s name. Experience the story of the Horseman in the Mask.
- Play Death: Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven and Hell.
- Epic Universe: Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad.
- Player Choice and Customization: Customize your experience with varied armor sets, weapons, and Skill Trees allowing players to create their own Death.
- Replay-ability: Explore a vast open world, complete dozens of side quests and customize your Death with a full leveling system, Skill Trees and endless equipment combinations.
- Traversal: Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before.
Deathinitive Edition Features
- Darksiders II with all downloadable content included and integrated into the game which offers a total playtime of more than 30 hours.
- Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution.
- Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows.
- Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics.
Watch a trailer below.