Georifters, the ground bending platformer first announced for Switch by Taipei-based game studio Busy Toaster Games in January, will now launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam in 2020, publisher Another Indie announced. Sign-ups for an PC open beta scheduled for Q4 2019 are available here.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page and Another Indie:
This is for all the world changers out there!
Smash, bash, twist, turn, and flip the world to suit your needs in Georifters! The terrain is your tool, the world is your weapon and it’s up to you to use your abilities to save the day and claim victory in the battle arena! Meet a host of characters, master their abilities, dress them up (or down) and combine outfits to suit your style. Whether going alone or with friends, co-operating or competing, you can do it looking good!
- Innovative mechanic that allows players to change the world to progress and battle each other.
- Every character has a special ability that affects the ground in a different way.
- Unlock have dozens of exclusively themed costumes.
- Upgrade abilities with unlocking dozens of collectible stickers.
- Hundreds of levels across unique Bubble Worlds
- Bring a friend along in an exciting co-op Adventure
- Wage world wobbling battles with four players in the arena
- Adventure: Once upon a time a sweet little girl called Candy had the complicated task of understanding and accepting newcomers from five different worlds that suddenly intersected with her own! In a solo journey or as a co-op for two people this mode allows you to explore, learn and master the unique ground bending mechanics of the Georifters.
- Time Trial: a fast-paced race against the clock for up to four people. By the way, do not forget to collect crystals, they will give you some additional time to complete the levels. Any speedrunners around?
- Battle Race: Time to troll your friends and earn some bragging rights! This thrilling competition is where you show you platforming, world twisting, weapon flinging and friend flattening techniques to up to four players in a battle for sweet, sweet crystals.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.