Yakuza series general director Toshihiro Nagoshi shared more tidbits on the new Yakuza game starring Ichiban Kasuga for PlayStation 4 during the latest Sega-Nama broadcast, as well as a few additional comments on PlayStation 5.
Here are the details:
Regarding the New Yakuza Game Starring Ichiban Kasuga
- The story is finally done.
- We’re now in the recording stages, and most of the main parts are recorded.
- This time is going to be amazing as well. There are some unexpected people cast that are sure to surprise people.
- I was surprised with how much these casts fit in their roles.
- The new protagonist, Ichiban Kasuga, talks way more than Kiryu, and has different motivations for his actions. Therefore the overall feeling of the story is different, as well as the gameplay. It feels fresh in many ways. I really want to share more soon. Its tough but development has been smooth.
- Even after PlayStation 5 is released, I think PlayStation 4 is going to be the main focus for a while longer.
- The processing power of PlayStation 5 is incredible, so when we try to think of new gameplay that will utilize its full potential, I’m not really sure which aspects of existing mechanics we should translate.
- First there was a time when graphics improved, then there was network features, and now I guess you can say it’s a return to the “programmable” era? I think artificial intelligence and machine learning will continue to evolve.
- If you would pour its power into graphics it’ll be the best that we’ve yet to see, and I think everyone is thinking about in what way we should use that power. I as well. There’s artificial intelligence and many other things I want to think about.
Thanks, Games Talk.