Acquire-developed maze-based arcade game Scrap Rush!! is coming to North America and Europe this summer for Switch and PC via Steam, publisher PQube announced.
The game first launched for Switch via the Nintendo eShop in Japan on April 16. The Japanese release supports Japanese, English, and Chinese text options.
Here is an overview of the game, via PQube:
Scrap Rush!! puts you and your friends into an arena full of metal blocks that might remind you of classics like Bomberman. Instead of bombs, you collect scrap, turn it into blocks, launch them in straight lines to crush your opponents between them and the wall to grab their scrap while dodging other players’ attacks! Depending on the game mode, last robot standing or the one with the most scrap wins.
Got the basics? Then let’s have a closer look at the action!
Sweep Proto (the old model, gathers scrap with his vacuum arm) versus Mag Nex (the new model, gathers scrap with a powerful magnet).
How to play
- Choose a block – Get next to a block or create one with scrap.
- Launch – Position yourself to line up a shot.
- Crush – Crush your enemies between the block and the wall to watch their scrap go flying in a big explosion!
- Player versus Player – Choose from three different PvP modes for up to four players:
- Point Match – Gather the most scrap to win!
- Survival Match – Be the last robot standing!
- Scrap Battle – Split in teams and gather the most scrap to your team’s area.
- Cooperative – Join forces with your friends to and try to get as far as possible in two cooperative modes:
- Scrush Mode – Defend yourselves against up to 99 waves of mad robots and fill your super gauge to call in a giant scrap block!
- Challenge Mode – Take on the AI with your friends or on your own in Point Match, Survival Match or Scrap Battle and face a mighty boss!
Watch the announcement trailer below.