Publisher Dangen Entertainment and developer Protoculture Games have announced the Devil Engine: Ignition expansion, which is due out as an add-on for the currently available Switch and PC versions, and will be included free with the upcoming PlayStation 4 version when it launches this winter.
Here is an overview of the expansion pack, via Dangen Entertainment:
2D manic STG Devil Engine is receiving an expansion pack! Devil Engine is a high octane, classic side scrolling shoot-em-up styled after the best in the genre from the 32-bit era, featuring a variety of incredible locations, hand-drawn pixel art, and a blood-pumping soundtrack that brings the dark future to life.
- New Ignition Features
- Six new stages, doubling the size of the game.
- New arranged soundtrack by a variety of veteran composers, including Shinji Hosoe (Street Fighter EX), Eebrozgi (ZeroRanger), Loser “Ruzarin” Kashiwagi (Cho Ren Cha 68K), Saitama Saishuu Heiki (Koihime Enbu), and more!
- Three ships to choose from! Fan favorite secret ship “Scathach” is now available from the start, and all new ship “Boudicca”, exclusive to Ignition.
- New unlockable shaders and features to customize your play.
- New announcer powered by Vocaloid technology.
- Legacy controller support exclusively on PlayStation 4, courtesy Lab Zero games (Skullgirls).
Watch a trailer below.