Limited Run Games has announced (2, 3) limited run physical editions of M2’s Battle Garegga Rev.2016 for PlayStation 4, and Guts Department’s Aegis Defenders for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita. Both titles will go on sale on May 10 at the Limited Run Games Store.
Find an overview of each game below.
Battle Garegga Rev.2016
A classic takes to the skies once again! The retro game masters at M2 have poured their passion into the first release in the M2 Shot Triggers series!
The legendary arcade shoot ’em up from 1996 is back in this meticulously crafted release that’s sure to please both devoted fans and a new generation of shmup maniacs! In addition to a perfect recreation of the original, experience all new game modes, BGM, and M2 Gadgets to help you conquer Battle Garegga’s notorious difficulty!
- Hone your skills in three game modes.
- Rock out to four different soundtracks.
- Fly high in eight-plus different aircrafts.
- Unlock the secrets of the mysterious Rank system using M2 Gadgets.
- See how you stack up in the online score ranking.
- Fine tune your game with detailed settings for difficulty, control, and more.
Reborn after 20 years, Battle Garegga Rev.2016 will ignite the shmup passion in everyone from hardcore fans to beginners!
Aegis Defenders is a Metroidvania-style action-platformer truly unlike any other game you’ve ever played. Borrowing tower defense combat elements, combined with the look, feel and scale of 16-bit era titles like Super Metroid, Aegis Defenders reignites the magic of the old school adventure genre for a unique blend of gameplay and rich narrative setting the stage for an instant classic.
In a world where control over once lost technologies equals power, you play as Ruinhunters Bart and his granddaughter Clu to explore ancient ruins and uncover the one thing that can save their world from the ruthless Empire: a legendary weapon known as Aegis. Bart, a machinist, specializes in building structures. Clu, on the other hand, is a skilled hunter and trapsmith. Together the two must wage war against corrupt beasts and the Empire to save the world, one realm at a time.
- Uncover a Gorgeous 16-bit World: Featuring 16-bit inspired sprite visuals, every detail in the world of Aegis is painstakingly hand-painted as a love letter to an era of games that includes classics such as Final Fantasy, Super Metroid, and The Legend of Zelda.
- Tower Defense Inspired Combat: Make use of Bart’s powerful defensive structures and Clu’s arsenal of firearms and traps in a fast-paced, flexible combat system that emphasizes a strong defense.
- Dynamic Character Swapping: Switch between up to four characters at any time to utilize the best passive abilities of inactive characters just as effectively as active characters.
- Cooperative and Tailored Gameplay: With drop-in/drop-out co-op, invite a friend in at any time to play the entire story campaign cooperatively.