Here is an overview of the game, via Nicalis:
Redout is a freakishly fast and uncompromising anti-gravity racing game, designed to be as challenging and satisfying as the top games in the vertigo-soaked futuristic arcade racing genre. Each turn, slope and twist applies a unique force to your vehicle, and players can drift and pitch the ship to minimize friction, channeling those forces into even greater forward velocity. The courses combine the efficiency of low-polygon structures with the eye candy of state-of-the-art shading, lighting and special-effects animation. The result? Breezy coastlines, eerie frozen landscapes and vast desert plains, all peppered with the flying sparks, electrical arcs and blazing exhaust of Redout racing intensity.
- Over 200 events in the single-player Career Mode for racers to gain experience, level up and upgrade their ships.
- 60 tracks in 12 environments on a post-apocalyptic Earth and Jupiter’s moon Europa, plus boss circuits.
- 10-plus event types, from classic Race to innovative Arena Race and Score-Based Endurance.
- Seven racing teams, each requiring a different driving style, and four increasingly fast racing classes.
- 28 different customizable vehicles, each with 26 different designs and more than 50 different color schemes.
- 10-plus racing-focused, upgradable power-ups: additional turbo, shields, self-repair drones, advanced grip system, slipstream enhancers and more.
- Online multiplayer races (for up to six players) and global leaderboards track record times in multiple race modes.
Watch the trailer below. View the screenshots at the gallery.