Dragon Quest XI S introduces latest Japanese voice actors, additional new features, and DLC ‘Voice Drama’Plus, plenty of new gameplay footage.
Square Enix announced the latest Japanese voice actors, additional new features, and “Voice Drama” downloadable content for Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition, as well as debuted new gameplay footage, during the latest “Dragon Quest XI S Channel” broadcast today.
Get the details below.
Latest Voice Actor Announcements
- Protagonist (Baby) (Cry) – Touma Saito (Ayumi Tsunematsu’s son)
- Kai (voiced by Yuichi Nakamura)
- Booga (voiced by Yuichi Nakamura)
- Masked Martial Arts Tournament Announcer (voiced by Shunsuke Takeuchi)
- Indignus (voiced by Shunsuke Takeuchi)
- Queen Marina (voiced by Atsuko Tanaka)
- Grand Master Pang (voiced by Ayumi Tsunematsu)
- Don Rodrigo (voiced by Akio Ootsuka)
- The Sultan of Gallopolis (voiced by Shigeru Chiba)
- Avarith (voiced by Ryuusei Nakao)
- Yggdragon (voiced by Keiko Han)
- Tyriant (voiced by Norio Wakamoto)
- Homirin (voiced by Yuka Ozaki)
- The Seer (voiced by Miina Tominaga)
Additional New Features
- Party members will follow you on the field.
- You can talk directly to party members without opening the menu.
- You can change the music from Orchestra to Synthesizer at any point by going to the sound settings in the menu.
- You can dash with the ZR button.
- By using the new “Horse Bell” item, you can call your horse at any time.
- You can now gain experience points when your horse knocks away an enemy on the field.
- You can change the battle speed to “Normal,” “Fast,” or “Really Fast.”
- The quests from the 3DS version of Dragon Quest XI in which you visit the worlds of past Dragon Quest titles will be included in the Switch version, but not without changes.
Voice Drama Downloadable Content
The following is a message from Dragon Quest series creator Yuji Horii, who was unable to appear on the program due to poor health:
“Thanks to everyone who made their voice heard, Dragon Quest XI S is being made to dive deeper into the story. And new story is also being added that allows you to experience each character as the protagonist. Through the unexpected sides of these characters and previously untold stories, I hope that you can be able to appreciate each character even more. I wanted everyone to further enjoy the drama of those characters, so I am actually making something as additional downloadable content. That something is a ‘voice drama.’ I would like to share more details now, but I should be able to share new information in June.”
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition is due out for Switch worldwide this fall. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age is available now for PlayStation 4 and PC worldwide, and 3DS in Japan.
Dragon Quest XI S Channel: News Review and Voice Cast Announcement #2
- 19:50 to 20:32 – Booga, Masked Martial Arts Tournament Announcer, and Indignus voice samples
- 25:08 to 26:06 – Queen Marina, Grand Master Pang, and Don Ridrigo voice samples
- 42:00 to 48:57 – 3D Gameplay
- 49:07 to 51:55 – 2D Gameplay
- 52:09 to 54:45 – New Features Gameplay
- 1:00:57 to 1:06:15 – Vince Boss Battle Gameplay
Thanks, Ryokutya2089 and Games Talk (2).