An open beta will run on both platforms from April 13 to 14 to test the game’s single-player and online multiplayer, and to gather user feedback. Those interested in participating can sign up here. Open beta participants will be selected randomly from those who signed up and provided a beta key.
A new trailer made in the 1950s film noir style was released alongside the announcement. Here is an overview of the trailer, via Soedesco:
The trailer shows Marie, once “The Greatest Detective in the World” but now suffering from amnesia, on a terrifying investigation inside Dollhouse. Confronted with disturbing entities, cryptic clues and deadly traps, she’ll have to regain her memories and escape Dollhouse before it’s too late.
In order to survive, Marie has the power to remove objects and temporarily stun her pursuer with the Flash feature, which is also visible in the trailer. Furthermore, there’s the “Focus” feature which enables Marie to see through the eyes of her stalker.
Here is an overview of the game itself:
The Story of Marie
Welcome to the twisted world of Dollhouse. In the single-player story mode, players assume the identity of the mysterious Marie. Once she was known as “The Greatest Detective in the World”, but now she is suffering from amnesia and desperately trying to get her memories back. All she remembers is that on a catastrophic night, her daughter Emily has died.
Marie is trapped inside the sinister Dollhouse, where the doors are locked, clocks stopped, and journals hidden. To escape, she has to sift through the ashes of reality to recover the charred remains of her memories and find out what happened to Emily. She has to be wary though, because something disturbing and dark is watching her from the shadows. Conflicted by the different personas in her mind, every decision she makes is essential to survival.
- Escape your pursuer as you decipher the eerie story of your past in single-player.
- Customize and upgrade your character with 40-plus abilities and passives.
- Scan the environment and see through the eyes of your pursuer.
- Creep through procedurally generated maps. No restart is the same in any game mode.
- Murder wisely in competitive online Multiplayer where each player has a different target.
- Deepen your fears with 14 playable characters in Multiplayer, each with unique abilities.
Watch a new trailer below.