Ubisoft will release Assassin’s Creed III Remastered for Switch on May 21, the publisher announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:
Ignite the revolution on the go as the master assassin born of the beauty and the brutality of 18th century America.
Assassin’s Creed III is on Nintendo Switch for the first time and, based on players’ feedback, gameplay mechanics have been improved, with several features being revamped.
The year is 1775. The American colonies are about to revolt. You are Connor, an assassin who has sworn to secure liberty for his people and his nation. To do so, you will hunt your enemies across a staggeringly large, open, and realistic world. You will unleash your lethal skills in a violent quest that will take you from chaotic city streets to blood-soaked battlefields in the hostile American wilderness and beyond. You will meet legendary heroes of American history, and together you will conspire to annihilate those who threaten Liberty itself.
In Assassin’s Creed III Remastered you are the warrior son of a Native American mother and British father. As a bloody revolution draws ever nearer, your clan is threatened by a powerful group seeking to crush the American Revolution and control the thirteen colonies. Shocked into action by the devastation of your village, you pledge your life to the cause of freedom, and embark on a decades-long quest to achieve it.
Assassin’s Creed III Remastered also includes Assassin’s Creed Liberation Remastered, which tells of the unforgettable journey that will take Aveline from the crowded streets of New Orleans to voodoo-haunted swamps and ancient Mayen ruins.
In addition, all solo DLCs from the original game are included: “Benedict Arnold Missions,” “Hidden Secrets,” and “Tyranny of King Washington.”
- Optimized for the Nintendo Switch
- Play in TV Mode, Handheld Mode, or Tabletop Mode
- Touch Screen Interface
- HD Rumble
- Optimized HUD
- Motion control aiming
- Fight for freedom during the American Revolution: Experience the Assassin’s Creed universe on the eve of the American Revolution. Play as Connor, who is the warrior son of a Native American mother and British father, to secure liberty of the nation.
- Vast Diverse Open World to Explore: Connor’s story will allow you to explore unique environments:
- New York
- The Frontier
- Epic Naval missions
Assassin’s Creed III Remastered includes:
- Assassin’s Creed Liberation Remastered
- All solo DLCs:
- Benedict Arnold Missions: A set of four memories contained the Assassin Connor’s efforts to expose Benedict Arnold’s plan to hand over West Point to the British Army.
- Hidden Secrets Pack: 3 missions for an additional hour of gameplay, taking you from the Lost Mayan Ruins to the high seas. Each success is rewarded with an in-game weapon! Players will also receive 2 single-player skins including the original uniform of the Captain of the Aquila and the traditional Colonial Assassin
- Tyranny of King Washington: A 3-part story exploring an alternate reality in which George Washington goes mad with unlimited power, foregoing Presidency to rule as tyrannical King. In this alternate world, Connor is and remains Ratonhnhakéton. Having never become an Assassin, he must endure new trials, acquiring the skills he’ll need to take down a possessed Washington and win freedom for his land once and for all
View a set of screenshots at the gallery.