The Xbox One version of Guacamelee! 2 will launch on January 18, developer DrinkBox Studios announced. Both the “Three Enemigos” and “Proving Grounds” add-on packs will be available at launch.
Guacamelee! 2 for Xbox One will also be an “Xbox Play Anywhere” title, meaning Xbox One players will own both the Xbox One and Windows 10 versions of the game. It also supports cross-saves between both versions.
Pre-orders for the Xbox One version of Guacamelee! 2 are available now and include a 20 percent discount.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Brawling has never been more beautiful! The long-awaited sequel to the smash hit action-platformer is here: Guacamelee! 2 brings luchador Juan Aguacate out of retirement for a stunning new Metroidvania-style adventure, where he must face his greatest challenge yet – one that threatens to tear apart the very fabric of the Mexiverse!
Explore a huge, hand-crafted world inspired by Mexican culture and folklore, filled with sassy new villains and weirdos (and a few old friends!). Learn a deep repertoire of bone-crunching wrestling moves to fend off the skeletal hordes and overcome skillful platforming challenges… and who said anything about a Chicken Illuminati? Certainly not us!
- An epic adventure spanning time and space, featuring drop-in 4-player local co-op for you and your best amigos!
- A brand new upgrade system: discover “trainers” around the world, defeat their challenges, and develop your skill sets for movement, combat, and more!
- A vibrant, colorful adventure that takes you from the Mangrove Swamp to Hell itself, featuring twice as many enemy types as the first game and a roster of eccentric new bosses!
- An absolutely fuego electro-Mexican soundtrack, and more gorgeous visuals than ever thanks to a fancy new rendering engine!
- Definitely no secret society of chickens that teaches you ancient chicken abilities previously lost to the ages!
Guacamelee! 2 is available now for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC.
Watch the Xbox One launch trailer below.