Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
If you are reading this you are probably dead…
Just kidding, you aren’t dead… YET!
See, in the future, everything dies… for the most part.
and this is a game about just that.
The End Is Nigh!
– The management
The End Is Nigh is a sprawling adventure platformer where the player takes control over Ash, one of few “things” that have “survived” the “end of the world.”
Follow Ash as he flops his way through a future of pain and suffering. Feel his stress levels rise as you throw him into an endless swarm of decaying, mutant animal-like creatures and help aid his final epic quest… to simply make a friend (out of pieces of people he finds along his journey).
Oh, also you collect video game cartridges and tumors! if that does anything for ya.
- 600-plus levels!
- 12-plus explorable chapters!
- 20-plus collectible and fully playable mini game cartridges! (each with their own tiny achievements!)
- 80-plus achievements that will make you feel good about yourself
- 100s of collectible little squishy tumors!
- Loads of hidden extras and endings that you will probably see someone else find before you do!
- And stress!
Watch Nicalis’ PlayStation 4 lineup trailer below.