Astebreed for Switch launches November 7Portable version of the mech arcade shooter dated.
The Switch version of mech arcade shooter Astebreed will launch via the Nintendo eShop on November 7, a listing on the Australian eShop reveals.
Astebreed first launched for PC in May 2014, followed by PlayStation 4 in March 2015.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
You play as Roy Becket, a young pilot with dreams of becoming as skilled as his adoptive father. When a galactic war against an ancient mechanical alien race reaches its boiling point, Roy is forced to spring into action and take control of an otherworldly bipedal war machine in hopes of saving what’s left of humanity.
Joining Roy is a young girl who claims to have escaped the clutches of the nefarious aliens. Forever altered through the horrible experiments to which she was subjected, she now possesses the very abilities humanity will need to push back the Doomsday Clock.
Together, the pair must face an unrelenting army alone and reunite their shattered families.
The end of civilization as we know it is on the horizon. Between humanity and eradication stands Astebreed.
The Arcade Shooter Genre, Evolved
Astebreed breathes new life into the classic arcade shooter genre. Using painstakingly crafted 3D models, cutting-edge particle effects, and old-school Japanese mech designs, Astebreed delivers an unparalleled experience of beautiful destruction.
Armed to the Teeth
Roy has a considerable arsenal at his disposal. Armed with the mysterious Lucis device, Roy’s mech can unleash long-distance attacks, paint targets with a laser for precision homing attacks, and even get up close and personal for a killing blow with a powerful blade attack. No enemy shall escape your wrath, no matter where they hide.
Dynamically Changing Perspective
Your enemies are not always up in front of you. Your enemies swarm, fly, and intercept, and Astebreed‘s dynamic perspective always keeps the action in view. Seamlessly switching between vertical, horizontal, and 3D shooter, Astebreed will keep you guessing what your next threat will be, without ever interrupting the action.
New Features from the PS4 Version
- Newly added “Arrange Mode.”
- In the Gallery, you can find various artworks commissioned after the PS4 version. Exclusive to PC!
- Optimized controller system.
- Additional (and improved) upgrades.
- Adjusted enemy placement and behavioral patterns across all stages and difficulty levels.
- Additional episodes and demo scenes adding to the story.
- Additional new music.
- Improved graphics and 1920×1080 support.
- Improved 3D models.
- Improved textures and higher resolution.
- New compression format to improve details, lighting etc.Improved backgrounds and detail effects.
- A wide variety of various adjustments and improvement.