The Switch version of shoot ’em up hybrid Velocity 2X will launch on September 20, publisher Curve Digital and developer Futurlab announced. It will also be playable at EGX 2018 from September 20 to 23.
Velocity 2X first launched for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in September 2014, followed by Xbox One, PC, Mac, and Linux in August 2015.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Become a certified badass.
Abducted by a race of hostile aliens, Lt. Kai Tana must use her quick reflexes and the teleporting power of the Quarp Jet to free her fellow prisoners and find a way home. Swapping back and forth between top-down vertical shoot ‘em up and side-scrolling action platformer, Velocity 2X blends two unique styles of fast-paced, frenetic gameplay into one incredible experience.
- High-energy Adventure: Players must pilot the Quarp Jet through dangerous territory, using a variety of weapons and teleporting technology. Then dock your ship and advance through side-scrolling missions to defeat the evil alien race from within!
- Speed Runner’s Dream: Use Speed Boost pads, on-foot teledash and cybernetic sprints to make it through the game faster!
- Over 50 Dynamic Levels: Using the Quarp technology, navigate Lt. Tana through hours of gameplay that increases in speed and difficulty as you advance.
- High Re-playability: Compete against your friends to see who can have the top score! Ranked leaderboards let speed runners compete for fastest time, highest completion percentage and highest overall score!
- Neon Future: Take players to the stars with colorfully bold visual effects and a pulsing electronic soundtrack co-created by award-winning game composer Joris de Man.
Watch a new trailer below.