Publisher Dangen Entertainment and developer Protoculture Games are bringing side-scrolling shoot ’em up Devil Engine to PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam in 2019, the companies announced. It will support English, French, German, Spanish, and Japanese language options.
Here is an overview of the game, via Dangen Entertainment:
A last ditch effort to destroy what was once to be our savior. A final mission to eliminate a disastrous future. A single ship against Earth’s entire military. The Andraste is the only hope to defeat…the Devil Engine.
Devil Engine is a high octane, classic styled side scrolling shoot-em-up heavily influenced by the best in the genre from the 32-bit era, featuring a variety of incredible locations, hand drawn pixel art, and a blood-pumping soundtrack that brings the dark future to life.
- Use three shot types with unique bombs to destroy everything in your path.
- Build a point multiplying combo with careful play and expend it with a bullet absorbing burst.
- Compete across eight game modes for score supremacy.
- Leave a wave of carnage across 6 incredibly detailed stages.
- Points aren’t just for collecting! Spend your accumulated points to unlock in-game shaders, additional music, stages and playable ships.
- Featuring pulse pounding music tracks composed by famed shmup composer Hyakutarou Tsukumo.
Watch the announcement trailer below.