The fourth installment in the Momodora series, Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight, is coming to Switch, publisher Dangen Entertainment and developer Bombservice announced. A release date was not announced.
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight first launched for PC in March 2016, followed by PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in March 2017, and Mac and Linux in February 2018.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight takes the player on a journey through a cursed land on the brink of eradication. Evil spreads, the dead rise, and corruption reigns. Hope is but a faded memory for all but one: a priestess named Kaho from the village of Lun. If only Kaho could somehow gain audience with the Queen, Her Majesty could surely be convinced to lend her power to help save the land and its inhabitants from certain doom―but time is short, and each coming night falls darker than the last…
Reverie Under The Moonlight is the fourth installment in the Momodora series of side-scrolling action platformers, featuring melee combos, dodge mechanics, and a plethora of items and spells to unleash upon your enemies. Play casually to fully take in and enjoy the rich setting and engaging, mysterious story, or crank up the difficulty to run your reflexes through a truly brutal gauntlet.
- Beautifully animated graphics.
- Exciting action gameplay: pull off impressive combos, dodge attacks, and skewer enemies with arrows.
- Intense boss battles with challenging patterns and epic scale.
- Difficulty settings appropriate for all types of players―from story and setting lovers to hardcore action enthusiasts.
- A breadth of items that can be combined to facilitate new strategies.
- An amazingly diverse world to explore, filled with secrets and treasures.
- Eccentric allies and foes with compelling personalities.
- Mysterious lore and rich backstory woven into events, dialogue, and item descriptions.
Watch the Switch teaser trailer below.