The physical edition of Slime Rancher will launch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on September 4 in North America and September 7 in Europe, publisher Skybound Games and developer Monomi Park announced.
While Slime Rancher is currently available as a digital title on Xbox One and PC, the physical edition’s September release marks the first time it will be available on PlayStation 4. Pre-orders for the physical edition will be available in all territories starting August 9, and PlayStation Network pre-orders for the digital version will begin on August 21.
The physical edition of Slime Rancher will include the following bonuses:
- A Slimepedia Booklet (your beginner’s guide to Slime Rancher)
- Free digital download of the game’s Original Soundtrack
- Discount voucher for Slime Rancher merchandise
- PS4-only DLC Playset: Players can dress up their slimes as heroic adventurers and watch them fight off a hoard of toy bop goblin + additional special Chroma Pack (Sapphire)
- Xbox One-only DLC Playset: Players can dress up their slimes as sea-faring pirates hunting for treasure + additional special Chroma Pack (Emerald)
Here is a brief overview of Slime Rancher, via Monomi Park:
In Slime Rancher, players take on the role of Beatrix LeBeau: a plucky, young rancher who sets out for a life a thousand light years away from Earth on the ‘Far, Far Range.’ Each day presents new challenges and risky opportunities as players attempt to amass great fortune in the business of slime ranching. Collect colorful slimes, grow crops, harvest resources, and explore the untamed wilds through the mastery of your all-purpose vacpack!
Watch a new set of trailers below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.