Sega has revealed the final box art for the western release of Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise.
Here is an overview of the game, via Sega:
Brought to you by Ryu ga Gotoku Studio, the development team behind the acclaimed Yakuza series, Lost Paradise is a high-intensity action-adventure RPG based within the world of the beloved Fist of the North Star manga. Players take control of Kenshiro as they progress through an alternate universe of the original story, explore the post-apocalyptic wastes of the Earth in a customizable buggy, and tear through groups of thugs using Kenshiro’s signature Hokuto Shinken techniques. Lost Paradise will launch exclusively in both physical and digital formats on the PlayStation 4 on October 2, 2018 for $59.99. Pre-orders are available now at the official website.
As you might expect from Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio, Lost Paradise‘s world is packed with character-developing and world-building side missions, as well as a collection of hilarious minigames. From buggy races and rhythm-based Hokuto Shinken chiropractic therapy sessions, to managing a nightclub and more, there are plenty of adventures that explore the world outside of battle in new and creative ways. Combat and character progression also play major roles in Lost Paradise. Kenshiro fights using classic Hokuto Shinken assassination techniques unlocked with experience earned throughout the story, by defeating enemies, and completing side missions and minigames.
- Become the Fist of the North Star – Explore an alternate version of the Fist of the North Star canon; take control of Kenshiro as he searches for his lost love Yuria in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. For anyone unfamiliar with the original story, Lost Paradise can be enjoyed as a completely standalone experience.
- “You Are Already Dead” or “Omae wa Mou Shindeiru?” Why Not Both? – Lost Paradise features English / Japanese dual-track audio, so you can ‘ATATATA!’ in the language of your choosing.
- Master the Hokuto Shinken Style – Kenshiro’s ultimate assassination techniques, the Hokuto Shinken, are at your disposal in battle. After building up the Seven Star gauge, you can demolish enemies from the inside out with dozens of brutal and iconic Hokuto Shinken techniques, faithfully recreated from the original manga. More lethal techniques will be available as you progress through the story and battles. Keep your fists up!
- Explore a Lost Paradise and the Wasteland Surrounding It – Even Kenshiro needs the occasional break from beating up thugs. Luckily, even in the dilapidated city of Eden, there’s no shortage of engaging side missions and minigames to take part in. Use the power of Hokuto Shinken to prepare drinks at a bar, manage a struggling nightclub, customize a buggy and race through the barren desert, play retro games at the arcade or your hideout, including the original Fist of the North Star game, and more! Tired of the city? Head out into the wasteland in your buggy to collect materials and complete side missions, but be careful of hidden dangers lurking beyond the dunes!
- Extra Carnage – Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise features everything available in the original Japanese version, plus extra carnage for the localized version! For the first time, witness the full effects of Kenshiro’s brutal Hokuto Shinken on the lowlifes and thugs of the post-apocalyptic wastes.
Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise is due out for PlayStation 4 on October 2 in the Americas and Europe.