Action RPG Warlocks II: God Slayers will launch for Switch and PC in October for $19.99, followed by PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Q1 2019, publisher Fat Dog Games and developer Frozen District announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Warlocks II: God Slayers is a humorous action RPG game with online and local co-op up to four players. Challenge the vile gods and dethrone them in this action-packed hack n’ slash experience with wizards and meteor showers.
God Slayers is a brand new story, where our titled Warlocks now need to face the gods themselves, as apparently perishing the shadow monsters have angered them to say the least. The Order of Warlocks has been called to challenge the gods and dethrone them from their obnoxious mighty positions.
- Awesome pixel art with hand-drawn animations
- Fresh hack ‘n slash experience in both local and online co-op
- Enemies have their own skill sets and work together to take you down
- Special familiar slot for your character (with evolutions!)
- Giant bosses waiting to get slayed
- Tons of randomly generated loot waiting for you to pick ’em up
Fresh Hack n’ Slash Experience
We’ve learned a great deal while developing our first game. The thing that majority of our players praised the most was gameplay and combat. That in itself will only get more diverse giving players a legit class system with characters that you can level up and choose their skills with skill trees, a familiar system where you can bring up a little fellow that’ll aid you in battle.
Rich and Interesting World
We’re taking story seriously in this Warlocks game. You’ll be challenged with completing both main and side quests, all of them featuring compelling dialogue and novel gameplay elements. Fight with the band to dethrone the vile gods! Run with the giant Hamammoths and save the oppressed worlds! Help the Order of Warlocks withstand these challenging times.
Exploration and Atmosphere
The previous game featured small maps and arenas which didn’t leave a lot of room for exploration. This time we’re building actual places to visit with their own wild monsters to find. Each universe you travel through has its own inhabitants which behave differently when approached.
Less Exciting Features List
- Three very different worlds, each with a mid-world boss and a final boss
- Over 40 varied enemies, each with a skill set and behavior of its own
- Single-player mode, local co-op, and online co-op (up to four players)
- Procedurally generated side-quests, loot (with different rarity tiers and special suffixes) and enemy setup on levels
- Five playable characters, each introducing a different play-style
- All the skills from characters’ skill trees have additional upgrades that you can unlock adding new utility to your favorite spells
Watch a new trailer below.