Publisher Modus Games and developer The Balance have announced 3D mech-based brawler Override: Mech City Brawl for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It will launch on December 4 in a $29.99 / £24.99 digital-only standard edition and $39.99 / £29.99 physical and digital Super Charged Mega edition.
The Super Charged Mega Edition includes the Season Pass, which will add four extra playable mechs and 16 new skins post-launch, as well as instant access to 12 legendary skins normally unlocked in the Standard Edition.
Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
Pilot a diverse roster of epic mechs, each with their own play style, special moves, and finishers. Tower over your opponents and lay waste to entire cities underfoot in local and online versus, co-op, and more.
- Supercharged Mechs – Pilot 12 outrageous mechs of epic, skyscraper-sized proportions, each with diverse fighting styles and unique skills.
- Real World Locations – Destroy 3D arenas modeled after actual cities and countries, including Tokyo, Egypt, San Francisco, and Mexico.
- Party Co-Op – Gather two to four friends to engage in party co-op where each player is responsible for one part of a towering mech.
- The Garage – Customize your mechs in the Garage, changing their accessories and skins to create your own unique style.
- Multiple Game Modes – Challenge other players in local and online Versus and Co-Op modes and experience Override’s story in a single-player campaign.
A closed beta will be held from August 10 to 12. Sign-ups are available now at the game’s official website.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.