Aquaplus has updated the official Japanese website for Utawarerumono: ZAN with the game’s opening movie, as well as new information and screenshots of the game’s systems and recently announced playable characters Rulutieh and Jackdwalt.
Get the details below.
In Utawarerumono: ZAN, the story progresses as you clear stages.
As you progress through the game, the amount of characters you can play as will increase. You can form a party of up to four characters to take into battle. During battle, the characters not controlled by the player will fight on their own. You can also switch between characters.
(Depending on the stage, there may be restrictions on the amount of characters you can have in your party.)
- The host creates the room.
- Choose from a preset room name and set a password (optional).
- After choosing a stage, wait for the other players joining your room, then prepare to head into battle.
- If there are less than four players, an NPC may take the place of one of the four party members.
- Guests join the room created by the host.
- Guests can search for rooms by inputting level difference or room name / password.
- Upon entering the room, guests will head into battle after the other players’ preparations are complete.
Stamps are a communication system used exclusively for online multiplayer that you can use at any time. By swiping up, down, left, or right on the touchpad, you can send out a stamp above the playable character’s head. There are various stamps for each character.
Rulutieh (voiced by Ai Kakuma)
The youngest princess of Kujyuri, a vassal state of the great empire of Yamato. A lovely noble girl, she is seemingly delicate. In order to deliver a tribute to the Mikado, she will head to the Imperial capital as a messenger. She has a pet hororon bird named Cocopo.
Jachdwalt (voiced by Takuya Eguchi)
A man widely renown as a master swordsman. His use of the long sword, which is so lightning-quick that it leaves an afterimage of each stroke, has earned him the nickname “Shimmering Jachdwalt.” Jachdwalt serves no master and wanders from country to country utilizing his skills with the sword.
Utawarerumono: ZAN is due out for PlayStation 4 on September 27 in Japan.
Watch the opening movie below. View the screenshots at the gallery.