Limited Run Games will release a limited run physical edition of Moss‘ roguelike platformer Spelunky for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita via the Limited Run Games online store, the company announced during its E3 2018 press conference.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Spelunky is a unique platformer with randomized levels that offer a challenging new experience each time you play. Journey deep underground and explore fantastic places filled with all manner of monsters, traps, and treasure. You’ll have complete freedom while you navigate the fully-destructible environments and master their many secrets. To stay or flee, to kill or rescue, to shop or steal… in Spelunky, the choice is yours and so are the consequences!
- “Roguelike” Platforming – Randomly-generated, fully-destructible levels are dense with danger. Quick thinking and a deep understanding will keep you alive along the knife’s edge!
- Fill Your Journal – Track your progress with a dusty explorer’s journal given to you by Yang, your mentor from another age.
Local Co-op – Up to 4 players can join up to help or hinder in madcap cooperative play.
- Deathmatch – Unlock 72 diverse, deadly arenas to wage battle in against friends or bots.
- The Daily Challenge – Each day a new set of levels is generated for the Daily Challenge, a unique mode where you only get one chance per day to compete online against the rest of the Steam community.
- A Colorful Cast – A roster of 20 squishy explorers (16 unlockable) are waiting for you to make their greedy dreams come true!
- Tough Love – You’re going to die in all kinds of painful, hilarious, and surprising ways. But with each mistake you’ll learn more about how Spelunky works and get that much closer to solving its deepest mysteries!