Bullet hell shoot ’em up Shikhondo: Soul Eater is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch this summer, publisher Digerati announced.
In Japan and other Asian territories, publisher Eastasiasoft will release Shikhondo: Soul Eater for PlayStation 4 digitally on June 22 and in a Play-Asia-exclusive limited edition physical on June 28.
And while a release date for the Switch version has yet to be announced for Japan and Asia, pre-orders for a Play-Asia-exclusive limited edition physical version will open on June 28.
Created by Korean-based independent developer DeerFarm, Shikhondo: Soul Eater features “hypnotic barrage patterns,” demonic enemies inspired by Asian mythology, and “stunning and intricate Oriental artwork.” The console release also includes a new two-player local co-op mode.
Here is an overview of the game, via Digerati:
Shikhondo: Soul Eater is a Korean bullet-hell shoot ‘em up set within a beautiful and bizarre world of Asian mythology.
Armies of demons known as yokai have escaped from Limbo. They are spreading like a plague across the land, sowing fear and stealing souls. You must destroy the pestilent invaders and free the captured souls from eternal torment.
Includes Arcade, Hardcore and Local Co-op modes.
- Five stages of intense bullet-hell action and hypnotic barrage patterns.
- Game modes include: Arcade, Hardcore, Boss Rush, and Local Co-op.
- Fly close to enemy bullets to fill the Soul Gauge and unleash a super attack for high scores.
- Two playable characters, each with their own types of attack.
- Online leaderboards for high score glory.
- Demonic enemies and bosses inspired by Asian mythology.
- Stunning and intricate Oriental artwork.
- Platinum Trophy and 1000G Achievements available respectively for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions.
Shikhondo: Soul Eater is available now for PC via Steam.
Watch the console announcement trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.