Octopath Traveler Prologue Demo launches June 14Save data from the demo can be transferred to the full game.
A “Prologue Demo” for Octopath Traveler will be released on June 14, Nintendo announced during its E3 2018 Nintendo Direct.
Save data from the Prologue Demo can be transferred to the full game when it launches to carry over your choices.
Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:
Choose your fate. Eight stories await.
Eight travelers. Eight adventures. Eight roles to play in a new world brought to life by Square Enix. And now, you can enjoy all of them in the new demo available on Nintendo eShop. Step into the shoes and live the stories of each of the eight travelers and freely explore the world of Orsterra. Then, carry your choices and adventure into the main game with save data transfer.
Use each character’s special abilities in and out of battle. Break through enemy defenses by discovering and targeting weaknesses. Store Boost Points with each turn and then spend them at strategic times to strengthen abilities, chain attacks, or provide aid. Choose the path you wish to walk and discover what lies beyond the horizon.
- Explore multiple, distinct RPG adventures in a world created by Square Enix
- Choose from eight characters, each with their own personal story
- New demo available now on Nintendo eShop that offers save data transfer to main game
- Deep, strategic turn-based combat with a layered battle system
- Visuals inspired by retro RPGs, brought to life with modern touches and a rousing, dynamic musical score
Octopath Traveler is due out worldwide for Switch on July 13.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.