Chrono Trigger for PC third update now availableUpdates to the UI, battle improvements, and more.
Square Enix has released the third of multiple patches for the PC version of Chrono Trigger that will enhance the game’s presentation and features following fan feedback.
The third patch includes the following updates and adjustments:
- The UI has been further updated for those using a controller or keyboard in a number of areas:
- Whilst moving on the world map, in towns and in dungeons.
- How options in dialog are displayed.
- Shop screens.
- Whilst selecting a time period to visit.
- In mini-games too.
- Improvements have been made to battles
- You can now flip between pages within menus with single button presses.
- Available techs are immediately updated when recovering MP.
- The duration the explanation window is shown at the top of the screen has been extended.
- Changes have been made to the priority for which information is shown first when there are multiple messages in explanation windows.
- A bug where some controls would still respond while the game is paused in battle has been fixed.
- Following the last update, we’ve continued to improve gameplay speed in areas where it previously slowed down.
- The difficulty has been made more forgiving in specific mini games during story events.
- Controller input is now disabled when the game is not active.
- Additional minor bug fixes.
A fourth patch will be released later this month, which will include further chanegs and updates to the UI, as well as the ability to rebind buttons for controllers, keyboard, and mouse.