Following its PC launch in March 2017, roguelike deck-building RPG Monster Slayers will launch for PlayStation 4 on May 15 in North America and May 16 in Europe, and for Xbox One on May 18, publisher Digerati and developer Nerdook Productions announced. A release date for the PS Vita version is still to be announced. Users who pre-order the game will receive a 20 percent discount.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Monster Slayers is a rogue-like deck-building RPG adventure with an innovative card-based battle system that lets you customize a deck to suit your play style. Create a hero to join the Monster Slayers Guild and choose your path through the perilous Northern Valley as you follow your quest to defeat the legendary Harbinger and become a true Monster Slayer.
- Battle undead goblins, lion outlaws, mighty dragons and other monstrous foes using a unique card-based combat system
- Strategically shape your deck as you acquire new cards from merchants, treasure chests, and allies
- Collect fame from each run to unlock new abilities that can be used by future heroes
- Every playthrough is different: levels, enemy encounters and loot are randomly generated
- 12 different character classes to choose from: Rogue, Ranger, Knight, Barbarian, Cleric, Wizard, Assassin, Beastmaster, Apothecary, Brute, Monk, and Necromancer
- Recruit companions to join you on your quest and make use of their special abilities
- Equip your hero with stat-boosting loot to improve the chances of victory
- Beat the game to unlock the ultimate challenge: Legendary Mode
- Inspired by the much-loved deck-building RPG, Dream Quest, created by Peter Whalen (Hearthstone)
Watch a trailer below.