Original 05/29/18 at 6:51 a.m.: The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has new information on Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories, introducing the beginning the individual characters the protagonist will encounter at the beginning of the story.
The screenshot above presents the following dialogue options to the player:
Seeing him like that, I…
- feel sorry for him and want him to give it one more shot.
- feel sorry for him, but there’s nothing I can do.
- think, ‘What a pathetic guy. I don’t want to end up like him.’
- think he seems pretty carefree despite the major earthquake we just had.
- wonder how he plans on making money…
- think, ‘This is what you get for hiding things from your family.’
- am enthralled by this old man, who is way too cool.
Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories is due out for PlayStation 4 in 2018 in Japan.
Update 05/30/18 at 1:13 a.m.: More than 60 characters will appear in the game, more than any previous entry in the series. The series’ traditional and bountiful dialogue options will also return.
Here are some of the characters you will meet early on in the game:
- Female Protagonist: Yuuko Ichikawa (22) – You can change the protagonist’s name, gender, appearance, and occupation.
- Job-Hunting College Senior: Shinji Taneda (22) – He came to the city for an interview at a major corporation when a big earthquake hit, and his final interview was cancelled.
- Layed-Off Salaryman: Tsutomu Kawamura (53) – A middle-aged man who was layed off due to corporate restructuring. He pretends to go to work every day, but kills the time at the park.
- Apparel Designer: Akemi Towada (24) – Designer and manager at an up-and-coming apparel shop. The shop suffers damage from the earthquake shortly after opening, and she and the staff are working towards reviving it.
- New High School Teacher: Natsumi Higa (23) – A new English teacher at a private high school. She goes out into the city to bring back the students playing hooky when the earthquake hits.
The story starts with the protagonist on a bus when a major earthquake hits, turning the bus on its side.
By getting disaster information on your smartphone, you can get information about the state of the city and clues about how to get out of the city.
You may also be able to steal and wear clothes from the mannequins lined up at the apparel shop.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou.