Publisher Graffiti Games and Runbow developer 13AM Games have announced Double Cross, an action adventure platformer where players are tasked with solving an interdimensional mystery while traveling through time and space. It will launch for Switch via the Nintendo eShop and PC via Steam this summer.
Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
Double Cross is an exciting action adventure game that has players take on the role of Zahra, an agent of RIFT—Regulators of Interdimensional Frontiers and Technology— whose job it is to maintain peace and order between all dimensions. A recent attack on RIFT headquarters thrusts players into a thrilling new case where they must use their RIFT-developed gear to sling, swing, fight, and investigate across distinct dimensions. During their travels players will gather clues to bring themselves one step closer to finding the identity of RIFT’s attacker and save every variation of the universe.
Developed by 13AM Games, the studio behind award-winning Runbow, Double Cross features an adventure-game style investigation crossed with an intense action platformer. Players are also free to customize Zahra’s play style in order to become the top RIFT agent.
- Players can custom tailor their play style by collecting Upgradium and using it to level up and unlock equippable RIFT agent gear.
- Adventure-game style investigation system and upgrade system that allows players to choose how and in what order they play levels.
- A unique “Proton Slinger” mechanic that allows diversity of movement throughout levels and the ability to grab and throw objects and enemies.
- Varied and upgradeable attacks and combos.
- An intricate story engages players as they solve an interdimensional mystery with a diverse cast of characters.
- Slick 2D HD art that draws upon traditional gaming and anime style.
Double Cross will be playable at PAX East 2018 in Boston from April 5 to 8 at the Graffiti Games booth (#21019).
Watch the trailer below. View the screenshots at the gallery.