Here is an overview of the game, via its official website and Atlus’ press release:
Adventurers all over the world. Gather in the floating city “Maginia,” and aim for the treasure on the remote island in the distant sea.
Under the decree of Princess Persephone, adventurers gathered in the floating city of “Maginia.” Fortune, honor, and possibly unknown adventure lies dormant in “Lemuria.” Keep your pride in your heart, and move forward—.
A Crossover of Classes
Create your party from 19 classes, including every class from previous Etrian Odyssey games and the brand-new “Hero” class.
The full list of classes is as follows:
- Hero (New)
- Prince / Princess
- War Magus
Many untrodden labyrinths lie dormant in the new setting of “Lemuria, the Remote Island of the Distant Sea.” The volume of the game is the greatest in the series thus far. Draw maps to your heart’s content! Can you solve the mystery of an ancient civilization?
A crossover of the series’ systems make for the highest quality game. Systems include character creation, sub-classes, Force Boost and Force Break, and difficulty levels. Systems unique to the series such as drawing maps with the stylus are also present.
First-Print Purchase Bonus
First-print purchases for Etrian Odyssey X will include the “New Adventurers Illustration Pack” downloadable content, which contains five class illustrations from guest illustrators. The full list is as follows:
- Shigatake – Illustration Theme: Farmer
- Yuki Takahata (FLIPFLOPs) – Illustration Theme: Gunner
- Shirow Miwa – Illustration Theme: Nightseeker
- Mota – Illustration Theme: Medic
- Shigenori Soejima – Illustration Theme: Project Re Fantasy (Special Collaboration)
- Director: Shigeo Komori (Etrian Odyssey series, Etrian Odyssey Untold series, etc.)
- Character Design: Yuji Himukai (Etrian Odyssey series, Yoshinaga-san Chi no Gargoyle, etc.)
- Composer: Yuzo Koshiro (Ys, ActRaiser, Etrian Odyssey series, etc.)
- Monster Design: Shin Nagasawa (Etrian Odyssey, etc.)
Watch the announcement trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.