Followed a failed Fig Campaign, White Owns and G-rounding have relaunched its crowdfunding efforts for The Good Life via a Kickstarter campaign today seeking 68 million yen ($647,910).
Here is a brief overview of the game, via its Kickstarter page:
What is The Good Life?
- Platforms: PlayStation 4, PC (Steam)
- Genre: Debt Repayment Daily Life Action Adventure
- Players: 1
- Multiplayer: Yes / Online
- Full Controller Support / Key Board and Mouse Support: Yes
- Visual Target: Real-Time Rendering in 3DCG
- Player POV: Third-Person (the camera follows the player from behind)
- Price: $29 (PC) / $39 (PlayStation 4)
- Release Date: Q3 2019
- Creator, Writer, Director: Hidetaka “Swery” Suehiro
- Development Director: Yukio Futatsugi (G-rounding)
- Art Director: Noboru Hotta (G-rounding)
- Production / Copyrights: White Owls, Inc.
- Development: G-rounding
The Good Life is a debt repayment daily life RPG co-developed by Swery’s White Owls Inc. and a development team led by Yukio Futatsugi, the creator of Panzer Dragoon and Phantom Dust.
The Good Life is a Daily Life Simulator x Swerism.
You like bizarre and mysterious things? You like unique and memorable characters? You want to enjoy a game that offers a lot of freedom, but you also want to enjoy a good story?
Think that’s too much to ask for? Not in The Good Life! This game is made for you!
Play as Naomi, a journalist from New York who moves to a backwoods British town called Rainy Woods in order to pay off her massive debt.
The only way for her to escape from debt hell is to take pictures of happenings in the town and report on them. Of course, ‘the happiest town in the world’ is not your average town…
The inhabitants of the happiest town in the world are some of the most bizarre people you’ll ever come across. You’ll live alongside them as you solve mysteries and experience a hearty helping of craziness. We’re sure that you’ll eventually come to love all the mystery, horror, and good old charm that this town has to offer.
Read more about the game and its backer rewards on Kickstarter.
Watch the Kickstarter pitch video and a trailer highlighting what has changed since the game’s last crowdfunding efforts below.