The game, which celebrates the 20th anniversary of the One Piece manga, is described as “the most ambitious One Piece game ever” with an open world to roam around freely. As Luffy, players will experience and wage battles in an “expansive and seamless world” filled with castles, cities, beaches, and more “exciting and diverse” locations.
Here is an overview of the game, via Bandai Namco:
- Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
- Genre: Action Adventure
- Release: 2018
- Publisher: Bandai Namco
- Developer: Ganbarion
- Players: 1 (Offline)
- Ratings: RP (Rating Pending)
- Americas: English / Brazilian Portuguese / French / NsP with Japanese voice-over
- Europe: English / French / Italian / German / Spanish with Japanese voice-over
Set sail in an all-new One Piece adventure in One Piece: World Seeker! Luffy and the Straw Hat Pirates are back in a new story that puts players’ into Luffy’s point of view, as he battles and explores an expansive and seamless world. Open landscapes provide many paths for players to experience Luffy’s Gum-Gum abilities and swing into action. One Piece: World Seeker is the biggest One Piece game to date!
- A One Piece adventure with open fields to explore.
- Explore seamless and expansive areas in an all-new adventure.
- Experience an epic new story from Luffy’s point of view with all of his Gum-Gum abilities.
As announced yesterday, the first trailer for One Piece: World Seeker will debut at Jump Festa 2018, which runs from December 16 to 17 at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Japan.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.