Shining Resonance Re:frain announced for PS4 [Update 2]Remastered release due out on March 29 in Japan.
The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals Shining Resonance Re:frain for PlayStation 4. It will launch on March 29, 2018 in Japan in standard and “Premium Fan Box” limited editions.
Shining Resonance Re:frain is a remastered version of Shining Resonance, which was released for PlayStation 3 in Japan in December 2014. It will feature various additional elements and enhanced graphics.
Weekly Famitsu has an introduction of the game’s new elements, including a “Refrain Mode” that features a “what if” story.
Update 6:35 a.m.: More information has come in.
- The standard edition will cost 5,990 yen. The Premium Fan Box limited edition will cost 9,490 yen, and include a fan book, drama CD, and theme song CD.
- Shining Resonance Re:frain will feature all of the more than 150 pieces of downloadable content from the original release packaged into the game, as well as a new theme song and costumes.
- In the new “Refrain Mode,” you can enjoy the “what if” story for Excela Noa Aura and Jenius Aeon, who were unable to become party members in the original game.
- The last boss of the first chapter is easier to defeat.
- If you lose in battle, you can restart from before the event.
- Rinna Mayfield’s AI has been made a bit smarter as to refrain from plunging into the enemy.
- Request rewards and completed quests have been made easier to understand.
- Fromage’s navigation can be switched off.
- Dialogue text has been added when moving on the field.
- When Shining series producer Tsuyoshi Sawada, the series came to a pause, but Sega‘s Makoto Suzuki said “rather, let’s start from here,” and restarted the series.
- The resolution has increased and it runs at 60 frames per second.
- The main story has not been changed. Images of Refrain Mode will be revealed in the second week. The volume is much greater than dates with the other characters from the original story. New voices have also been recorded.
- The limited edition will have more content than the limited edition of Blade Arcus from Shining. Character designer Tony Taka wants to see a Shining revival. He hopes that Re:frain can be seen as the start of it all.
Update 7:20 a.m.: A few more details.
- The new theme song is called “Towairo no Aria” and sung by Kirika Towa Alma (voiced by Saori Hayami) and Sonia Blanche (voiced by Asami Seto).
- Tony Taka designed two new swimsuit costumes, the “Dark Lotus Swimsuit” and “Crimson Lotus Swimsuit.”
- There will be a Sega Store-exclusive pack including a figure of Kirika Towa Alma wearing the new “Dark Lotus Swimsuit.”
- Producer Makoto Suzuki says that up until now they have been developing for Asian territories, but that he wants to send it out to the entire world.
- Development is currently 90 percent complete.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou.