Granzella working with Kobe Fire Department on Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories [Update]Survival adventure game resurfaces in Weekly Famitsu.
The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has new information on Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories.
Get the tidbits below.
- Granzella is working with the Kobe Fire Department on the game. The Kobe City Fire Department contacted Granzella directly to sound out the cooperation.
- Kobe Fire Department Lieutenant Takaoka commented: “When I was a student, I worked part-time at a game shop, so I had known about the popularity of the series from then,” and “If we can communicate disaster report and fire prevention information to as many people as possible through this title, then I’ll be happy.”
- Submersion through liquefaction will return.
- The Life Gauge and Stress Gauge mutually intervene with each other.
- Types of disasters introduced in the magazine include intense fires, broken streets as a result of collapsed buildings, submerged streets as a result of subsided ground, etc.
- Actions introduced in the magazine include walking, running, holding your position, crawling, etc.
Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories is in development for PlayStation 4. A release date has yet to be announced.
Thanks, Famitsu and Ryokutya2089.
Update 8:25 a.m.: More information has come in.
- Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories will be released in Japan in 2018.
- Disaster scenes that occur are being recreated realistically and in detail through the investigation of disaster cases, and the supervision and cooperation of specialists.
- When an earthquake occurs, not only will buildings collapse, secondary disasters such as ground subsidence by way of liquefaction will also occur.
- Ground subsidence will cause manholes to protrude, underground water to overflow, and the ground to submerge.
- As the Stress Gauge accumulates, the maximum value of the Life Gauge will decrease.
- Actions include walking, running, holding your position, crawling, and more. Walking has the least effect on the Stress Gauge. Running enables you to move faster, but easily decreases “stomach health.” Holding your position is done when an earthquake has occurred to prevent from falling down. There is no risk of falling down when crawling, which you can use to make your way through small holes or to hide yourself from others. However, it easily accumulates fatigue.
- Public institutions and specialists, such as the Kobe Fire Department and crisis management journalist Minoru Watanabe, were involved in the creation of the in-game disasters, as well as the disaster manuals that appear in the game.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou.