The PC version will come equipped with the following modding support:
- Full level editor
- Full script access
- Full Steam Workshop support
- Add a hat
- Add two hats
- Add a lot of hats
- Add new chapters
- Add new enemies
- Make a game inside a game
- Make a game inside a game, that is inside a game
In addition to allowing fan-created mods, Gears for Breakfast will also release official modes. At launch, the following official mods will be available:
- Lilac’s Headpiece from Freedom Planet 2 – This headpiece allows Hat Kid to perform Lilac’s Dragon Cyclone move, with all-new custom animations, effects and voice lines!
- Raz’s Psychic Helmet from Psychonauts 2 (pictured) – Which of Raz’s psychic abilities did Gears for Breakfast pick as the ability for Hat Kid when equipped with this headpiece? You’ll find out when the mod launches on October 5.
Gears for Breakfast did not clarify whether or not the official mods will be made available for the console versions of A Hat in Time.