Beat ’em up fighting game 99Vidas, which is currently available for PC via Steam, will launch for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita in the Americas on July 18, developer QUByte Interactive announced.
Here’s an overview of the game, via QUByte Interactive:
99Vidas captures the excitement of beat ’em ups like Final Fight, Double Dragon, Battletoads, Golden Axe, and Streets of Rage featuring 16-bit retro graphics to bring back the nostalgia of those great classics from the 80’s and 90’s.
Unlike more traditional beat ’em ups, 99Vidas features two attack buttons – Punch (fast but weak) and Kick (slow but strong), which players can alternate to perform different combos.
Character moves, including combos, can be upgraded by spending experience points acquired during gameplay, expanding damage inflicted, adding elemental damage, modifying the each character, both visually and gameplay-wise.
- Cross-Buy and Cross-Save across PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita
- Cross-Play across PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3
- Support for PlayStation TV
- Up to four players co-op across PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3
- Up to two players co-op for PS Vita
- 11 Playable characters
- Story Mode with six levels
- Versus Mode
- Survival Mode
- Two bonus Levels
- Six challenging Boss Fights
- Multiple upgradable skills
- Multiple weapons and special attacks
Watch a new trailer below.