Get the details below.
■ New System: “Domination Battles”
“Domination Battles” are a new battle mode implemented in the PlayStation 4 version of Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA.
■ Domination Battles: Invade the Enemy Base with the Castaways
As you progress through the main story, you’ll have the chance to invade the bases where the beasts of the Isle of Seiren have built their nests.
At these times, the player can freely select a mission to take on a special battle known as a “Domination Battle.”
Domination Battle Flow
(1) You can place “bonfires” inside the circles within the area. Bonfires weaken enemies in the area surrounding the bonfire, allowing you to fight at an advantage.
—Setting Up a Bonfire
—Bonfire Setup Complete
(2) There are several giant “enemy nests” setup within the area. Attack and destroy the enemy nests to stop the outbreak of beasts in the area.
—An Enemy Nest
(3) Repeat steps one and two while expanding the area that you control.
(4) If you destroy all of the enemy nests or a certain amount of time passes, the area boss will appear. Defeat the boss to win the battle.
(5) When the battle ends, you’ll obtain various bonus items depending on your score.
Bonfires Have a Direct Effect on Destroying Enemy Nests
Enemy nests have extremely high HP, and a lot of time would be needed to destroy them with standard attacks, but if a bonfire is nearby, you can receive support from the castaways and thus destroy the enemy nests in short time.
Watch Out for Bonfire Destruction
Bonfires have a level of durability, and enemies in the vicinity of the bonfire will attack it in order to destroy it.
If a bonfire is destroyed, its affect of weakening surrounding enemies will disappear, and you won’t receive support from the castaways, putting you at a disadvantage in the fight.
In the PS Vita version’s “Counter-Attack Battles,” intermediate results displayed for each wave, and during the results display there were no attacks from enemies, but Domination Battles continue non-stop even during the intermediate results display.
Pay attention, because your bonfires can be destroyed and bosses may swoop down on you while you’re looking at the intermediate results!
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA is due out for PlayStation 4 in Japan on May 25, and for PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and PC in North America and Europe this fall. The PS Vita version is already available in Japan.
Watch the footage below. View the screenshots at the gallery.