Project X Zone director Soichiro Morizumi leaves Monolith SoftMorizumi to remain in the games industry.
Soichiro Morizumi has left Monolith Soft, the developer announced on Twitter.
“I have resigned from Monolith Soft as of today, March 31,” Morizumi said in a tweet. “Thank you so much for looking after me for 14 years! I have been able to successfully complete games from Namco x Capcom to Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier EXCEED to Project X Zone. I’m very grateful to have worked with all of the companies involved. I’m planning to remain in the games industry, so let’s meet again in the next game… someday.”
In a second tweet, Morizumi added: “And by the way, it was an amicable resignation. As for how amicable, it was as amicable as when I resigned from Banpresto lol. Since I was at Banpresto for seven years, and Monolith Soft for 14 years, is this some sort of cause and effect? If my next one is 21 years, I’ll be of exact retirement age (65 years old).”
Morizumi’s works at Monolith Soft include:
- Namco x Capcom (PS2, 2005) – Director
- Super Robot Wars OG: Original Generations (PS2, 2007) – Scenario Supervisor
- Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier (DS, 2008) – Director
- Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier EXCEED (DS, 2008) – Director
- Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector (TV Anime, 2010) – Supervisor
- Project X Zone (3DS, 2012) – Director
- Project X Zone 2 (3DS, 2015) – Director