Arc System Works has announced Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PC, and arcade. It will launch first in arcades in Japan in spring 2017. (Update 01/16/17: The PlayStation 4 retail version / PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC expansion downloadable content are planned for a 2017 release.)
Both Baiken and Answer will be added as playable characters.
Arc System Works plans to hold a location test for the game from January 20 to 22 in Tokyo at Sega Akihabara Building No. 1 and in Osaka at High Tech Land Sega Nishinakajima. Details will be announced later on.
During a stage event at the Arc System Works Fighting Game Awards 2016, general director Daisuke Ishiwatari and battle planner Kazutoshi Sekine outlined the main content of the arcade version:
- Baiken and Answer appear as playable characters.
- Balance adjustments, including new techniques, have been implemented for existing characters.
- New episodes have been added for Jam Kuradoberi, Raven, Kum Haehyun, and Dizzy. (There are episodes for Baiken and Answer, as well.)
- A free-to-play “Tutorial” has been implemented.
The PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC versions will include the arcade content in addition to:
- New scenario added to the story mode.
- Major improvements to the online mode.
- Other things to be announced in the future.
Here’s how it will be released: users who own the original Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, or PC will be able to update to Guilty Gear Xrd: Rev 2 via low-priced downloadable content. In Japan, Arc System Works is also preparing a PlayStation 4 physical and digital release for less than the cost of a full-priced game.
Watch the announcement trailer below.